Friday 30 August 2013

Pie crust

A long time ago when I started baking I decided to leave the "holy grail" of baking to the experts. That's right, I am talking about pies. A couple of weeks ago when I was at the farmers market I bought a whack of peaches and they were just too good.  Unfortunately my husband couldn't try them because he is allergic to raw peaches and plums and a cornucopia of other things. I thought he just had to try them so I thought of ways to cook them and realistically the best thing to do with the is make a pie. And that's how it all began. Armed with my Williams Sonoma pie cook book and various recipes from pinterest, I came up with a recipe of my own and it turned out just the way I like my pie crust. I'm a happy girl and Hubby got to try the peaches.

My very first pie dough

Peach and blueberry for the first attempt

Please be good

First one turned out okay, so strawberry rhubarb is the next obvious step. 
Pies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment